Sliced Lemon Marinated Salad
I can’t believe that I never tried this concept before: chopping a whole lemon into a marinade and including it in the salad. It’s out of this world! The lemon gets soft and sweet, and the combination of vegetables is enhanced by its delightful flavor. This salad keeps well in the fridge for a while — save the recipe for Yom Tov!
YIELDS 12-LB CONTAINER
- 2⁄3 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, chopped
- 5 oz (140 g) button mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sliced baby corn
- large handful of snow peas, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, scrubbed and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- dash black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
Combine all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, mix together all marinade ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from heat. Pour marinade over vegetables and stir to coat. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 704)
Oops! We could not locate your form.