Two-For-One Crispy Cabbage Salad
My mother enthusiastically told me about this delicious salad she tried — two-for-one and oh-so-pretty to present! I love the idea that you can use this for two different seudos during this hectic time of year, yet it looks fresh and different each time.
YIELDS 2 SALADS, EACH SERVES ABOUT 6
- 1 8-oz (225-g) bag shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 8-oz (225-g) bag romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 11⁄2–2 cups reserved slaw
- 1–11⁄2 cups veggie sticks (such as Heaven and Earth’s salad topper)
- For the slaw: Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Place dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until well combined. Set aside a third of the dressing for the second salad. Pour remaining dressing into cabbage mixture and mix until fully coated. Allow to marinate for 1–2 hours.
- For the lettuce salad: Place lettuce into a large, shallow salad bowl. Top with diced mango and reserved slaw. Sprinkle generously with veggie sticks. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 709)
Oops! We could not locate your form.