Food and Prop Styling by Goldie Stern
Food Prep and Consultant Chaya Surie Goldberger
Photography by Felicia Perretti
What a refreshing combination! Mint and basil, who would’ve thought? But together they take this fruit medley to the next level. After I tasted this unusual combo, I got so “pesto happy” that I even tried it over grilled watermelon with equally delicious results!
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup blanched raw slivered almonds
- ¾ tsp orange zest
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- pinch salt
- 3 peaches, diced into 1-inch (2½-cm) pieces
- 5 ripe apricots, diced into 1-inch (2½-cm) pieces
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 25 strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups 1-inch (2½-cm) pieces diced honeydew
Place all pesto ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until well blended.
In a large bowl, combine all fruit salad ingredients. Toss fruits with mint pesto and serve immediately.
Note: Be sure to wash and check the fresh produce according to the instructions of your posek.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 798)
Oops! We could not locate your form.