Photo credit: Chavi Feldman
Creamy Tomato Dip
Although I was aiming for a taste from my childhood, my mother’s dairy tomato soup, all attempts yielded a very thin dip, too watery to “dip” into. When I combined the idea with a guacamole concept, not only did it become creamy, but it also tasted fantastic! Thus, this recipe was born. (For a pareve dip, omit the sour cream or use a pareve one.)
- 2 cups prepared tomato dip
- 3 Tbsp sour cream, dairy or pareve
- 1 small onion, diced and sautéed in oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and halved
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, diced
Place tomato dip, sour cream, sautéed onion, and half the avocado into the food processor. Process until creamy. Stir in diced tomato. Dice remaining avocado and stir into dip.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 698)
Oops! We could not locate your form.