Food and prop styling by Goldie Stern
Photography by Moshe Wulliger
This salad is very much a kitchensink salad — whatever I have on hand or am in the mood of goes in. I especially like to use corn from corn on the cob that I’ve grilled (or broiled, if it’s not grilling season) for an extra punch of sweetness and char.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 5 oz (140 g) baby arugula
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Tuscanini balsamic glaze
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup candied walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup cooked corn (from the can or cut off the cob), optional
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Place the diced shallots on the bottom of a container, then put the hot quinoa on top, letting it cook the shallot slightly. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 753)
Oops! We could not locate your form.