Photography by Hudi Greenberger
Who doesn’t love a fun, lighthearted Purim seudah? Here are a few out-of-the-box ideas to enhance your set table. Dress them up or play them down for equal points.
This Purim you can “host” the characters of the Purim story at your seudah with these adorable runners, napkins and napkin rings, and placemats! A big thanks to The Stamp Studio for helping me carry out my vision to bring the royal ambience of Shushan to your table.
I used glass plates, gold cutlery, and gold-rimmed glasses to enhance the look.
Free downloads of the placemats, napkin rings, and runner are available at Estherodesign.com, or you can purchase ready-to-use placemats, napkins, napkin rings, and runner at The Stamp Studio, 732-281-7088.
While on the phone the other day and fidgeting with a fidget toy that was sitting around my kitchen, I came up with this cheerful and colorful Purim centerpiece.
You will need:
- fidget toy (available at Amazing Savings)
- narrow vases filled with candy
- large colorful lollipops
- colorful ribbon
- acrylic tray
- Tie a ribbon around each lollipop.
- Place a vase inside each fidget toy, then stick a large lollipop inside each vase. Arrange on your tray.
1-2-3 Straw Napkin Rings
Here’s a simple, quick idea to add color to your Purim table. You might not even have to go out shopping for the supplies.
You will need:
- large straws, cut into 1–2-inch pieces
- strong hole puncher (I used a McGill ¼-inch hole, available on Amazon)
- Carefully punch a hole in the center of the cut piece of straw.
- Thread as many straws as you’d like onto the string, then tie the ends to fit your rolled napkins.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 731)
Oops! We could not locate your form.