Styling and Photography by Sina Mizrahi
Inspired by a quinoa salad that recently took the food world by storm, I put together this meal-in-a-bowl. It has all the components of a good meal-sized salad: protein, smart carbs, healthy fats, veggies, and bright delicious flavor. It also holds up well in the fridge, so you can make this over the weekend and have lunch ready to go for the entire week!
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup snap peas, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup diced radishes
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup golden raisins or pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup whole almonds, chopped
- 1 15-oz (425-g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- juice of 2 lemons (about 5–6 Tbsp)
- ¼ cup oil
- salt, to taste
- tortilla chips, for serving
Rinse and drain quinoa. Place quinoa and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool for 5–10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, stir together cooked quinoa with the rest of the ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 801)
Oops! We could not locate your form.