Garlic Baked Chicken
A perfect balance of fresh flavors.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up
- 2 large heads garlic, separated into cloves
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch (21⁄2-cm) pieces
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or 3⁄4 tsp dried
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 tsp grated lemon rind
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Arrange cleaned chicken in a 9x13-inch (20x30-cm) baking dish, skin side up. Sprinkle with garlic cloves and celery.
Combine wine, oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle lemon rind on top. Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes or until chicken is tender.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 713)
Oops! We could not locate your form.