Text, Recipe, And Photography By Tehila Kohanim
DELICIOUS CHICKEN WRAP
You can use either of the marinades below. If desired, you can divide your chicken and use different-flavored marinades for each portion.
- ½ lb (¼ kg) thin chicken cutlets, left whole or thinly sliced
- olive oil, for sautéing and searing
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 1 large red, green, or yellow pepper
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 wheat tortillas
- lettuce (optional)
- sauce to taste, such as barbeque, buffalo,or hot sauce
- pickled onions (optional)
1 tsp each of (or to taste):
- dried rosemary
- chicken soup mix (optional)
- crushed red pepper (optional, to add some kick)
- sumac (optional, for lemon flavor)
Premade spice mix or sauce, such as:
- onion soup mix
- chipotle seasoning
- garlic and herb mix
- teriyaki sauce
- chimichurri sauce
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and drizzle in a bit of olive oil. Add the onion and pepper to the pan and sauté. Once the onions have slightly
caramelized and the vegetables have softened, add in the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside. Season cutlets with salt and pepper, and then place in a medium bowl with the marinade of your choice. If you have time, allow the chicken to marinate for 2030 minutes.
Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Sear cutlets on both sides, until cooked through. If the chicken was left whole, immediately shred with two forks. Char the tortillas by placing each one onto the burner for around 5-10 seconds (depending on how charred you like it). Use tongs to flip it over to
char for another 510 seconds. To assemble the wrap: On the tortillas, place lettuce if desired, sautéed vegetables, chicken, and a drizzle of your favorite sauce. Top with pickled sumac onions if desired.
Wrap it up and enjoy!
(Originally featured in FamilyTable 643)
Oops! We could not locate your form.