Super Crispy Salad
This recipe gives salad a good name!
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 pint fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 8-oz (225-g) romaine lettuce or classic iceberg lettuce mix
- 1 1-lb (450-g) bag frozen sugar snap peas, defrosted
- 1 box alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- 1 tsp celery seed (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or 3 cubes frozen garlic
- 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour over salad immediately before serving and toss.
(Originally featured in FamilyTable, Issue 675)
Oops! We could not locate your form.