SEARED TUNA WITH POMEGRANATE-LIME GLAZE
This fish is a nice change for your Yom Tov meal. I like to serve it at a meal that I’ll be serving a heavy meat, since it's so light and a little goes a long way.
- 1 lb (½ kg) tuna steak
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp lime zest
- juice of ½ lime
- 3 Tbsp honey • ½ tsp salt
- chopped pistachios
- pomegranate arils
- chopped scallions
- Season tuna on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over high heat; add oil. Sear for 45–60 seconds on each side.
- Place all glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, thinly slice the tuna and arrange on a plate. Drizzle the glaze on top and sprinkle with the garnishes.
(Originally featured in FamilyTable, Issue 660)
Oops! We could not locate your form.