With almost nothing to prep, I make this recipe when I don’t have time, but still want to wow my guests. The combination of sweet and savory flavors, plus all kinds of great crunchy textures, really makes this a winner.
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS MAPLE LIME DRESSING
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or 1 cube frozengarlic
- 11⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce
- 4 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup lightly crushed sweet potato chips
- 3⁄4 cup crispy fried onions (such as French’s)
Prepare the dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Set aside. Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing just before serving; toss to combine.
VARIATION: When pomegranates are not in season, use dried cranberries or dried cherries instead.
PLAN AHEAD: Dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Salad should be assembled fresh.
(Originally featured in FamilyTable, Issue 670)