Pretty Puff Pastry Apples
Start and end your Rosh Hashanah meal with sweet apples!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3-inch cookie cutter
- puff pastry
- small apples (I used Gala)
- red Jello powder or colored sugar (sugar with food coloring)
- confectioners’ sugar
- Use the cookie cutter to cut circles out of the puff pastry.
- Using a sharp knife, cut stems and leaves out of the scraps of dough and attach to the circles. Slightly indent the top and bottom of each circle to resemble an apple.
- Slice an apple in half and cut thin slices from either side of it. Use an apple corer to remove the seeds from each slice.
- Place one apple slice in the center of each dough circle and sprinkle with Jello powder or colored sugar.
- Bake according to puff pastry package directions. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Note: This dessert is best eaten fresh. The dough circles can be prepared earlier and assembled and baked closer to serving time.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 710)
Oops! We could not locate your form.