Food and Prop Styling by Renee Muller
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
Start with an irresistible, fudgy peanut-butter-topped brownie. Add vanilla ice cream with chopped peanut chews and top with an awesome sauce that hardens on the ice cream to give it extra crunch. Irresistible!
- 1 bar + 2 squares (4 oz/110 g) semi-sweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup La Bonne Coconut Oilor canola oil
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant coffee granules
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (I used B&D)
- 1–2 pints store-bought vanilla ice cream (or use your own vanilla ice cream recipe), slightly melted
- 3 squares peanut butter bites or 4–5 peanut chews, cut into very small pieces
Peanut Butter Chocolate Sauce
- ¾ bar (3 oz/85 g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- pinch salt
To make the brownie base: Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Line a 9-inch (23-cm) square pan with parchment paper.
Melt chocolate in microwave. Add coconut oil and mix to combine. Set aside.
Place sugars and eggs in your mixing bowl and beat until thick. Add chocolate mixture and vanilla. Add the flour, cocoa, salt, and coffee and mix just until a thick batter is formed. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth top. Place dollops of peanut butter all over batter, then swirl with a toothpick.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool. Cut into 16 squares. These freeze well.
Fold the peanut butter bites or peanut chew pieces into the slightly melted ice cream. Cover and return to freezer.
Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Microwave until chocolate is melted and all ingredients are combined. (This can be made in advance and frozen.) Heat in a heat-proof bowl on top of another pan on the blech or hot plate so it doesn’t burn. If serving on Shabbos, be sure to put it on the blech before Shabbos begins.
To serve: Place a brownie on a plate. Top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle warm sauce on top.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 760)
Oops! We could not locate your form.