MARINATED MOZZARELLA AND PENNE
I love this recipe because it’s simple to make and requires no prep the day of serving. I cook the pasta and marinate the mozzarella in advance (up to a week), so when I’m ready to serve, all I have to do is toss them together. This makes a great Shalosh Seudos dish as well!
- 1 16-oz (450-g) pkg penne noodles, cooked according to pkg directions
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Kalamata olives
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 16 oz (450 g) grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 chili pepper, finely sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
1. Cut mozzarella cheese into small cubes and place in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 24-48 hours.
2. When ready to serve, toss pasta with marinated mozzarella in a salad bowl. Serve at room temperature or heat gently before serving.
(Originally featured in FamilyTable, Issue 644)
Oops! We could not locate your form.