Greek Salad with Cauliflower “Feta”
Enjoy this Greek salad made pareve, with a fun twist in honor of Chanukah.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz (340 g) frozen cauliflower florets,thawed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
Finely chop the cauliflower to resemble feta cheese crumbles. Place in a bowl and mix with salt and vinegar. Allow to marinate while you prepare the salad. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until blended. Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and red onion in a serving bowl. Drain the cauliflower of any liquid and sprinkle over the salad. Toss with dressing before serving.
(Originally featured in FamilyTable, Issue 673)
Oops! We could not locate your form.