Food and Prop Styling by Goldie Stern
Photography by Moshe Wulliger
When I was speaking to Faigy Grossman, we narrowed my breakfast recipe gift to her down to two criteria:
1) She wanted to have something that could be prepared in advance and frozen so she doesn't have to think about it in the morning.
2) It had to comply with the minimal ingredient list. The result is basic, in the best sense of the word.
- 1 Gefen gluten-free quiche crust
- oil, for sautéing
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz (225 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1 8-oz (225-g) container cottage cheese
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion and sauté until golden. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until soft. Remove pan from heat. Beat eggs with a fork. Add cottage cheese, milk, seasonings, onions, and mushrooms, and half the shredded cheese. Transfer to the quiche crust and top with the remaining shredded cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
See Faigy Grossman's recipe here.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 735)
Oops! We could not locate your form.