Photo by Hudi Greenberger
Flat dough is the perfect blank canvas for “flowers” to bloom. Enjoy “planting” your own flower design using an assortment of veggies and herbs.
YOU WILL NEED:
- pizza dough or focaccia (I used an assortment of frozen pizza dough balls and par-baked thin pizza crust)
- assorted veggies and herbs
- frozen garlic cubes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Roll out the pizza dough and lay it on a greased baking pan.
- Create flowers using assorted veggies.
- Mix the garlic cubes with oil and drizzle over the focaccia. Season with salt.
- Bake according to bread recipe directions.
Note: If using scallions for your design, remove the scallions before baking and add them in a few minutes before done as scallions will get overbaked if they’re on the entire baking time.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 694)
Oops! We could not locate your form.