Dilled Tuna Chop-Chop Salad
The dill in this dressing is a fantastic component to the salad — it takes it from delicious to extraordinarily scrumptious! (Who would say that about a tuna salad?! But it’s true!)
- 1 8-oz (225-g) pkg romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small unpeeled Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 14-oz (400-g) can hearts of palm, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 3.5-oz (100-g) cans tuna, drained and flaked (see note)
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cube frozen minced garlic
- 2 cubes frozen dill
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- pinch sugar
In a large bowl, mix together all salad ingredients. In a separate, small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and stir well. When ready to serve, pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Note: I used chunklight tuna in water — the tuna is saltier and adds more tang to the taste, but any type of tuna will be good here.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 704)
Oops! We could not locate your form.