What a great way to use up leftover burgers! The items listed below are my favorite burger toppings, but feel free to switch it up based on what you have or like.
- 1 lb (450 g) ground beef, formed into 4 patties
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz (225 g) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- about 15 bread-and-butter pickle slices, cut in quarters
- 1½ cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw
- caramelized onions
- grilled pastrami
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (lite is fine)
- 2 Tbsp mustard, preferably deli or spicy brown
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
Sprinkle salt and pepper on burger patties and broil on high for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl or container.
To assemble the salad: Combine lettuce, vegetables, and toppings in a bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 699)
Oops! We could not locate your form.