Food and prop styling by Renee Muller
Photography by Hudi Greenberger
Apple Dump Cake
This recent viral trend seems to have been started by the Pioneer Woman, and is a crazy easy concept to make your own. If you’re looking for healthier desserts, keep on moving. 🙂
- 2 cans apple pie filling (light or low sugar, if available)
- 1 cup nougat cream or hazelnut spread
- 1 3-oz (85-g) pkg white chocolate or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup pareve milk
- 1 box vanilla cake mix, unprepared
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) margarine, cut into thin slices
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a 9x13-inch (20x30-cm) baking dish, lay apple pie filling. Spread the nougat cream across the top. Combine the pudding mix with the pareve milk and pour evenly on top. Pour the cake mix evenly over the top, without mixing it in. Arrange the margarine slices on top of the cake mix. Bake for 45 minutes.
(Originally featured in Family Table, Issue 732)
Oops! We could not locate your form.